Monday, August 26, 2013

Loving Thoughts

Loving thoughts is what comes to mind when I think of a dear friend from Church.  I found out that her Cancer has gotten the best of her and she is now in Hospice.  My husband drove me over to the beautiful Hospice Center that she is now resting at.  I have never been there before yesterday and oh my, what a beautiful facility it is!  Nothing but calm and serenity every where you look.  I was able to spend a little bit of time with my friend while holding her hands.  She has a disease, the name escapes me at this moment but it's the kind that makes you always shake and have no control over your hands.  Yesterday, her hands were as strong and steady as can be!  What a blessing to witness her calmness and serenity and knowing that morphine is also playing a roll, doing it's job and calming her pain.  I met her in Womens Circle at Church and we soon became friends and shared times together as Hostesses for some of the meetings.  She was also a big help to me after my Mom died.  This last visit brought back many thoughts today and I knew I had to make her one last card.  Maxine, you are loved!

Supplies
Stamp Set...Loving Thoughts
Cardstock...Whisper White and Coastal Cabana
DSP...Quatrefancy and Modern Medley
Boho Blossom Punch
Bling...Pearl Basic Jewels
Embossing Folder...Modern Mosaic
Adorning Accents Edgelits

Remind someone, today, how much they are loved.

Paula

2 comments:

Jill said...

Parkinsons?

I know she loved this card as it was made by you. I know she valued her time with you more than anything.

You are an angel.

Paula said...

Honestly, Jill I don't really know! But you may be correct!