Tuesday, May 14, 2013

First Mother's Day

Happy Belated Mother's Day!!! I do hope that you were spoiled and simply enjoyed your special day over the weekend!

My daughter got to experience her first Mother's Day as a Mom to a perfectly adorable little boy, Carson:)  Man I miss them all!  I wanted to give her an extra special gift that she will always have to mark the first Mother's Day...The last Christmas that my mom was still alive, we took a picture of her hand, my hand and my daughter's hand semi on top of each others....when Carson was born, we took a pic of my hand, Mary's hand and Carson's hand in the same fashion.  I found the perfect plain black frame with places for two pictures...I had both pictures changed to black and white and yep, matted as well. After I put it together, you guessed it, I did the same gift for myself hehehehehe.  So thankful I have those pictures and I hope that my daughter is as touched by them as I am.  This is her card that went with the pics:)


Supplies...
DSP...First Edition and Epic Day This and That
Epic Day This and That Designer Washi Tape
Epic Day This and That Designer Stickers
Remember This and That Rotary Stamp
Marker...Early Espresso
Dress Up Framelits
Cardstock...Sahara Sand
If you look close, you can see the stamped sentiment says "this happened on May 12, 2013

Hugs
Paula

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the idea with the hands, and this card is beautiful.
Enjoy your day!

Eva

Jill said...

Cute card but I'm dying to see the photos in the frame!