Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Happy #23!

Happy 23rd birthday to our son, Davis!!!  He is unable to receive his birthday card at the moment so I'm sharing it with him via this blog:)  I often send him quotes and Helen Keller is one of my all time FAVORITE people to quote.  Considering our son is a United States Marine, this quote kind of sums it all up for him, I believe:)  SEMPER FI SON! and a very happy birthday!!!

I've used the Distressing Tool on 3 sides of the background piece as well as the quote and layer being it.  Sometimes just by leaving one side alone, it brings out the difference more...does that make sense?  To add more dimension, I also sponged all sides.

Supplies...
Stamp Set...Daring Adventure
Inks...Soft Suede, Night of Navy and Early Espresso
Cardstock...Soft Suede, Night of Navy and Very Vanilla
Distressing Tool, Stamping Sponge, Stampin'Dimensionals and Linen Thread

Davis, hope you have a FANTASTIC day! We love you:) 

Paula (Mom)

1 comment:

Jill said...

LOVE this and so will he.

Happy Birthday, Davis! I salute you and I thank you for your service.