Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Imagination

Happy Hump Day!  It is like a deep freeze here in Ohio and I'm ready for the flowers to start blooming instead of seeing my breath! :)

Sometimes it is fun to challenge myself to see what I have around the house to use in a creative way.  If you ever browse Pinterest, you will see plenty of toilet paper roll items.  I know, right?  But....they are quite fun to use, if for nothing else, a gift card or a name place holder for the table.  I actually painted this one awhile ago and put it aside until an idea struck me.  Thankfully it didn't hit too hard:)  Sorry, bad humor I know!

By simply swiping a few strokes of White Gesso Paint across a flattened toilet paper roll, you can start to see a bit of shabby chic come to life.  You could also swipe ink on it instead if that trips your trigger.  Pretty self explanatory from the pic so here it is.....my toilet paper roll artsy'ed up!

Supplies used...
Toilet paper roll
Sizzlits Large Delicate Doilies
Paper Piercing Tool
White Gesso
Cardstock...Crumb Cake, Print Poetry Designer Series Paper Stack
Hearts Collection Framelits
Ink...Night of Navy
Stamps...Pretty Petites (Sale-A-Bration Set FREE with $50 purchase)
Punch...Petite Curly Label (Sale-A-Bration item FREE with $50 purchase)
Stampin'Dimensionals, Tombow Multi Liquid Glue
Natural Trim and Linen Thread

Save a few toilet paper rolls and see what creative ideas jump into your mind and let me know!

Paula

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like your work very much, how creative :)
Have a good rest of your week.

Eva

Jill said...

VERY cute!!