Friday, January 18, 2013

Chalkboard

Happy Friday!  Hope that everyone is all set to sit back and enjoy a fabulous weekend:)

I want to share my new favorite technique today.  For one, I LOVE shabby chic anything and this chalkboard technique screams shabby to me!  I think the biggest tip I can share is to NOT over think and try and make it all perfect because how many chalkboards have you seen that have been used are perfect? Exactly!  By sponging onto the edges of your black cardstock with White StazOn Ink and smooshing the sponge anywhere on same black cardstock that you would expect eraser markers on a true chalkboard. Oh man I hope I am making sense to you:) You can also, as I did, take a white water color pencil or a true piece of chalk and draw doodads or scribble lines, you name it, you can do it!  That all gives it a chalkboard look:)

I took our 1 1/4 inch scallop circle punch and punched out 6 circles out of the Designer Series Paper and simply put one at a time, in my hand and smooshed and crumpled it.  I had a 7th one punched out that I left alone and simply starting by putting a glue dot on each crumpled piece and arranged them on the flat circle in order to create a flower.  Nothing fancy about the leaves, I just took scissors and free cut two leaves, smooshed those as well and attached under the flowers.  I hope by looking at my example, it will be easier for you to see what I have done versus trying to understand my mumbo jumbo on this Friday afternoon!

Supplies used...
Cardstock..Basic Black. Raspberry Ripple  and Designer Series Tea For Two
Tasteful Trim Bigz XL
Glue Dots
1 1/4 Scallop Circle Punch
White water color pencil
White StazOn Ink Pad
Sponge Dauber
Pearl Basics Jewels (chalkboards need a little bling every once in awhile:) )

Have a terrific weekend and please stop in again...I love the company!

Paula


11 comments:

Jill said...

Ahhhh...cool! I thought is was special cardstock. Love it even more now! So cute!

Chatty Crone said...

I am visiting here from Jill's blog today!

Dawnll said...

Hi Paula,
My girl Jill sent me over, I am loving your new blog and that your a crafter. Welcome to blogging...pop in and visit me anytime.

Debbie Jones said...

Hi, I came to your blog after Jill's recommendation! You are so talented. I am your newest follower and am looking forward to following your posts and getting lots of fun ideas.

Unknown said...

Hi Paula,
I am here visiting from Chillin' with Jill.
I like your chalkboard, very creative.
Have a great weekend.

Eva

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh this is wonderful I like this idea. Thank you for sharing. Jill sent me:) B

Debbie said...

hi, welcome!!

i am a light, don't over-do it, no clutter kind of card maker and scrapper. you shared some good tips!

very nice job!!

Karen said...

Wow! You are so creative! I love to do crafts and Valentine's Day will be a good reason!

Susan said...

Welcome to blogger world. Your creativity is awesome! I will definitely enjoy visiting!

Dianna said...

Hi, Paula,
I'm visiting by way of Jill. The chalkboard technique is new to me, although I've been stamping for probably about 8 years. I'll be trying this soon.
Looking forward to future posts!

My Mind's Eye said...

Hi Miss Paula
We hopped over from Miss Jill's to say howdy and welcome to blogville.

Mom thoroughly admires all who can stamp...she tried but soon learned her creativity was in crocheting.
Hugs Madi and Mom